Mark Your Calendars for the show
The Western Farm Show returns Feb. 26-28th to the American Royal Complex.
Highlights of the 2016 Western Farm Show will include:
- The Championship Tractor Pull, with Doug Roberts and the Outlaw Truck and Tractor Pulling Association. One of the nation’s top indoor tractor pulls, the competition is expected to draw 120 drivers and vehicles from throughout the Midwest with over $62,000 in prize money at stake. The event is held Friday and Saturday nights, Feb. 26-27, at Kemper Arena, adjacent to the American Royal.
- The Taste of Home Cooking School one-hour cooking class at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 27, in the Wagstaff Theater. The event is an entertaining, step-by-step audience participation program, presented by professionally trained culinary specialists demonstrating recipes, cooking techniques, practical kitchen tips and simple plating ideas.
- The Low-Stress Livestock Handling Demonstration will again be sponsored by MFA. Sessions are at 10:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 27, in the Scott Pavilion adjacent to the American Royal Complex. The demonstrations, led by Ron Gill, Ph.D., Texas AgriLife Extension specialist, focus on improving the well-being of beef and dairy cattle, as well as their handlers, through humane animal care.
- The Health & Safety Roundup, featuring interactive and educational health and safety exhibits, including free blood pressure and hearing tests, vision screening, including glaucoma, tetanus shots and, for a nominal fee, cholesterol screening. This exhibit will once again be coordinated by the Missouri Farm Bureau.
- FFA Day, on Friday, Feb. 26, when an expected 3,000 FFA students from Missouri and Kansas will participate in the annual food drive “Border War” with collections to be donated to Harvesters Community Food Network serving western Missouri and eastern Kansas. FFA students also have the opportunity to learn about educational and career opportunities in agriculture to keep farming strong in the future.
- The Family Living Center, a special area of the show offering clothing, crafts, food, health and home décor products.
For more information, visit WesternFarmShow.com.
Click the image to the left to download the latest MFA Feed Newsletter and get lots of great tips for feeding your livestock.
CLICK HERE to sign up to receive it as a email newsletter